Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Cannot Approve Site Request

Asked By: Madhavi    Date: Nov 20    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1305

We deployed ECTS the end of April but did not use it until August. In April, all was working. Four months later, we can no longer Approve new site requests but can decline them. I expect there are other issues as well but have not gotten far enough to determine that. The log file shows sharepoint topology error 6141 (going from my memory) indicating it is a permissions issue.

The collab sharepoint server (WSS) is a domain member and uses domain service accounts per the installation guide for large implementations (Appendix A). SQL Server is on a separate server as well. ADAM is on the sharepoint server. Certificates have/had been properly deployed to the server.

In 4 months, the only major change (other than monthly updates) was moving of the collab sharepoint server computer account was moved to a new OU. Our collab server was not tested or used so I cannot pinpoint this as the cause but it is what I susupect. Moving it to its original OU did not solve the issue.

Before I rip this out and reinstall, I was hoping for some advice that may help me fix this in a less radical fashion. My plan is to undeploy ECTS, remove ADAM, remove the ECTS database and remove the site collection and web application and deploy again per the installation guide.

Any ideas what I should check (I have re-granted sql server permissions using the included VBS file) and try? Anything else to watch out for when I undeply/redeploy?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Beatrice Serrano     Answered On: Nov 20

Reinstall sharepoint  and ects  components, including ADAM and .NET3, however, I suspect (but can no longer  prove) that the issue was caused by the service account having been removed from the Farm Administrators Group.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Cannot Approve Site Request Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: