Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Applying DundasWebChart on Sharepoint Portal

Asked By: Grayson    Date: Apr 09    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 979

I'm having problem in customizing my web part.
My colleague has created a web part that can host any ASP.NET user control. This ASCX Controller (he calls it) has been registered as web part package in our sharepoint portal.
I tried to build a simple ASP.NET user control (ascx) application by displaying only button and textbox, it is called TestWebUserControl.ascx.
I put the .ascx file under wpresources folder within our site's IIS server and the TestWebUserControl.dll in the bin folder under our site's IIS server.
I put the path of TestWebUserControl.ascx in the ASCX Controller and...Bingo...The page displays the TestWebUserControl.ascx.

Then, I develop a dundas(Copyright) web chart using ascx, it is called Chart.ascx. In visual studio project, it refers to DundasWebChart.dll.
I test the Chart.ascx by adding default.aspx in the project and drag-drop the ascx into default.aspx. Then I run the default.aspx, and it works.
After I compile the Chart.ascx, I repeat the same step as I did to TestWebUserControl.ascx. Additionally, DundasWebChart.dll that is referred by this Chart.ascx, is copied into the bin folder as same as the Chart.dll exist.

when I put the path of Chart.ascx in the ASCX controller, the page displays such an error that caused by this ASCX Controller. And it have to be removed to be able to display the page normally again.

Has anyone had this issue?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Apr 09

Have you tried using Jan Tielens' SmartPart for displaying  user

I prefer to use my own wrapper but using the well tested SmartPart would
remove any uncertainty about your friend's ASCX Controller web  Part.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Applying DundasWebChart on Sharepoint Portal Or get search suggestion and latest updates.