Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Applying the content of a list to an HTML template

Asked By: Albert    Date: Jun 29    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1058

I'm looking for a way to take the content entered into the columns of a list that I have created and (when I want) apply the content to an HTML template that I have created.

The content in each column should be inserted into it's own designated area within the HTML template. I already have the HTML I want to use but I don't know if I can use that exact template or if I have to modify a "List Template"? In that case, is it possible to make a list template look however you want?

I don't know what this is called but I believe it is possible.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial or at least tell me what I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance.
Albert

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Vladi Gubler     Answered On: Jul 04

You need to create a custom display form using SharePoint designer, just create a page (say under the list  folder) and put a Custom Form web part on it (you have it under Insert --> SharePoint Controls --> Custom List Form).This is an XSLT web part and you can make it look like whatever you want.
Afterwards you can map this page to be the default Display form of the list (there is a setting for that under list settings in SPD).

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Applying the content of a list to an HTML template Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: