Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

my application dll. where should it go in sharepoint server?

Asked By: Tapasvi    Date: Jan 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1009

I created my own application for sharepoint.

So, I copied my own application dll to GAC and the aspx pages into sharepoint site. (I did iisreset)

Then, I tried to open the page within the sharepoint.

The page says "Could not load the assembly ASSEMBLY_NAME. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page"

Is GAC the right place to put my dll or am I supposed to put it in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\bin?

I am new to sharepoint and very confused.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Breann Beach     Answered On: Jan 02

Putting your dll  in the GACwill work. (If you want to tight security you can but the dll in the bin directory which uses CAS). I think your issues is due to the fact that SharePoint can not find your master page. You will have to upload it to the master page  gallery (i.e site  Actions > Site setting > modify all site settings. Click Mater page and page layouts under galleries and upload your masterpage. I generally write a feature to do this.) An easy way to do your deployment of your custom solution is to use StsDev http://www.codeplex.com/stsdev, and it easy to use. It will create a SharePOint solution package for you which will make easy to move you solution to different environments.

Tagged: