Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Anyone with success with External Collaboration Toolkit?

Asked By: Jasmin    Date: Feb 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1006

I am having lots of issues trying to install the Microsoft External Collaboration Toolkit.

I am using two virtual machines. One for AD, and SharePoint (I know this isn't best practice, but it's all i have in my lab..) and one for ADAM.

I can install the ECTS on the SharePoint server and all scripts run except for the ADAM script.
I have tried running the ADAM script from the ADAM server.

I continue to get the following error

Error: Could not create ADAM instance aborting script.

I have tried installing the certificate on the SharePoint server and requesting the certificate from the ADAM server and installing it there.

I have tried multiple other things and I continue to get the aborting script error.

Could someone please lend some advice to what I am doing wrong?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Meenakshi Khochar     Answered On: Feb 17

Product works great in a single sever standalone stepup but not very smoothly in a farm install  where roles are spaned out to different servers. I spent a week in figuring out many of these issues  and then ran out of time.

AT TecEd Event 2008 I spoke to the product manager & others involved in External Connector Solution Accelerator where they were doing a presentation. Team acknowledged the issues and working on an update to be released.

I decided to wait for the service release before actually giving it another try.

Answer #2    Answered By: Latrice Henson     Answered On: Feb 17

I finally got this installed in a single server  environment with a seperate active directory server.

I was trying in a farm environment.

If you need a solution for a farm, check out Extranet Collaboration Manager from sharepoint  solutions.

http://software.sharepointsolutions.com

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Anyone with success with External Collaboration Toolkit? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.