Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Anyone with success with External Collaboration Toolkit?

Asked By: Jasmin    Date: Feb 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 982

I am having lots of issues trying to install the Microsoft External Collaboration Toolkit.

I am using two virtual machines. One for AD, and SharePoint (I know this isn't best practice, but it's all i have in my lab..) and one for ADAM.

I can install the ECTS on the SharePoint server and all scripts run except for the ADAM script.
I have tried running the ADAM script from the ADAM server.

I continue to get the following error

Error: Could not create ADAM instance aborting script.

I have tried installing the certificate on the SharePoint server and requesting the certificate from the ADAM server and installing it there.

I have tried multiple other things and I continue to get the aborting script error.

Could someone please lend some advice to what I am doing wrong?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Meenakshi Khochar     Answered On: Feb 17

Product works great in a single sever standalone stepup but not very smoothly in a farm install  where roles are spaned out to different servers. I spent a week in figuring out many of these issues  and then ran out of time.

AT TecEd Event 2008 I spoke to the product manager & others involved in External Connector Solution Accelerator where they were doing a presentation. Team acknowledged the issues and working on an update to be released.

I decided to wait for the service release before actually giving it another try.

Answer #2    Answered By: Latrice Henson     Answered On: Feb 17

I finally got this installed in a single server  environment with a seperate active directory server.

I was trying in a farm environment.

If you need a solution for a farm, check out Extranet Collaboration Manager from sharepoint  solutions.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Anyone with success with External Collaboration Toolkit? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.