Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Another feature????

Asked By: Demarco    Date: Oct 29    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 516

I have another strange occurrence this afternoon:

In only one area (and its sub-areas) out of the 40 or so areas I have, I cannot save a doc without the computer freezing in just the MS Word window. I can force a check-in through the SharePoint interface, kill the Word process with Task Manager (10 minutes waiting does not do anything), but then I get a document recovery screen the next time I try to open the doc and am unable to delete it. It happens on multiple computers in that area but the same workstations are able to work normally in other areas and document libraries.

Anyone experienced this before?

Share: 

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Alison West     Answered On: Oct 29

Hmm, sounds like a SharePoint X-File. We have experienced SharePoint doc  library burps in the past and deleting the library and creating new takes care of the issue (ugly resolution, I know.) But if you identify that it is not Office 2003 or SharePoint causing the issue and it is not widespread, that may be a viable solution.

Answer #2    Answered By: Freddy Heath     Answered On: Oct 29

I like the X-File comparison

I was hoping that a "wait and see" would fix it but it appears to be the same
today. I've gotten responses back from most of the authorized users for that
area and they have either not been in the libraries  at all, or have experienced
the same problem. It appears that the recreation of the libraries may be the
only way.

Answer #3    Answered By: Joanna Dixon     Answered On: Oct 29

UPDATE:

The sys admin found that one of the front-end Web servers had the following error:

After rebooting the server, the deadlock and the Word freezing up problem is gone. The deadlock error happened a few times last year but has not happened since upgrading to SP2.

Answer #4    Answered By: Justine Barrera     Answered On: Oct 29

Should this happen again, it would be interesting to know:

- How many threads the application pool has.

- If re-starting the application pool solves the issue without rebooting the server.

- If an IISReset solves the issue without rebooting the server

Answer #5    Answered By: Sharonda Mcfarland     Answered On: Oct 29

I will pass this on to the sys admin and have her gather this information, should this happen again.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Another feature???? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: