Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Anonymous Access and Audience Targetting Behavior

Asked By: Jamie    Date: Nov 01    Category: MOSS    Views: 985

I have been playing with MOSS 2007 RTM and have a site configured with anonymous access enabled to the entire site. This works great and whenever a user hits the site, a guest view is displayed and if they wish to take advantage of personalization, the "sign-in" button is present to kickoff the authentication process. However, on the guest page, whenever audience targetting is enabled on a webpart container or for a particular piece of content within a list, SharePoint initiates an authentication request. This is not desireable behavior. If SharePoint is unable to ascertain whether a user belongs to an audience (i.e anonymous users) then one would expect the webpart or content to simply not be visible on the page… in guest view. Regardless, SharePoint is forcing the user to login. This behavior is consistent wether one uses forms or Windows based authentication….anyone know if its possible to influence this behavior? I really don’t want to have to maintain two separate sites...

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Sharonda Mcfarland     Answered On: Nov 01

Unfortunately, audience  targeting has always been immature functionality
in SharePoint. Your best bet is to move the Web Part onto a page that is
accessible from a link on the home page.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Anonymous Access and Audience Targetting Behavior Or get search suggestion and latest updates.