Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Announcements

Asked By: Morgan    Date: Jun 29    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 883

Does anyone know how to hide the "modify settings and columns" & "Add
to My links" in the announcement page? any help is appreciated.

Share: 

6 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mary Adams     Answered On: Feb 26

Re-sending this issue as I'm still seeing this occur. Any ideas?

I have a user who is the administrator of her site. When she attempts to add or modify  an entry in the announcement  web part, she is challenged for her credentials; entering them at this point does nothing. She can successfully add entries into other web parts such as document library and contact lists. She can successfully create a new announcement web part, but if she attempts to add an entry into the newly created announcement web-part she is again challenged for her credentials which also fail. Any ideas here? I'm at a loss why this particular class of objects are causing problems, but everything else seems to be working properly.

Answer #2    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Feb 26

What are her rights on the site? Is it a team site or portal Area? We have run into problems where people were originally guests when they vistited a site because they were part of a domain group that is assigned the Reader role. Later they were given specific permissions but we had to edit their individual rights.

Answer #3    Answered By: Alyssa Butler     Answered On: Feb 26

It's a WSS v2 site and she has administrative rights. I've seen that error before, and I have removed and reset her permissions a couple of times now.

Answer #4    Answered By: Katy Patton     Answered On: Feb 26

This may seem strange but we have had a couple of folks who had similar problems with doc libr4aries and I don't know why but we checked their Internet Explorer settings. We had to 'Enable Script Debugging (Other)' I don't know why but it worked. The strange thing is that the individuals did not have the problem with other libraries on the same site.

Answer #5    Answered By: Joshuah Huber     Answered On: Feb 26

I created some announcements  and gave the expiry date as
06/15/2006 for some 06/30/2006 for other announcements. But even after
the dates has come the announcements are still displaying in the
homepage. What do I want to do to make the announcements invisible?

Answer #6    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Feb 26

You will want to first check the web part on the homepage and make
sure the view being displayed has the correct Filter set.

It should be:

Expires
is equal to

OR

Expires
is greater than or equal to
[Today]

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Announcements Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: