Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

allitems.aspx

Asked By: Rico    Date: Jun 11    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2963

I’m attempting to change the header at http://somesite/News/Lists/somelist/AllItems.aspx by changing the allitems.aspx page directly in the 60 hive under 60\template\1033\spsnews\lists, but there are 15 allitems.aspx files there. Which one should I change? I’ve changed 3 or 4 of them there, but none of my changes have shown up in the page in question. I don’t think the page is unghosted.

Share: 

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Matt Prince     Answered On: Jun 11

Change the file in the list you are working with. So for example, if you want to change  the view for Announcements, update the Allitems.aspx file in the Announcements folder. I have a list of what all the folders are here: http://heathersolomon.com/blog/articles/159.aspx

Answer #2    Answered By: Brooks Bond     Answered On: Jun 11

We have a document management system build on SQL Server 2000 with a FTS catalog. We also are looking into deploying Sharepoint. Sharepoint is missing a real archive function. Not all documents should stay there for ever. I blieve MS is telling us to use Meridio, but we would like to stick to our already up and running DMS. But how should I incorporate this extra FTS catalog in SPS. There is no protocol handler for SQL (I do not really want that, cause this DB is about 300 GB and so indexing this one again would be to much). Best option could be if I could fake this catalog as being a wss catalog (I am not sure if the crawler uses the fts catalog to update its own index, or if it is indexing from scratch…) and therefore extend the SPS index with my archive index.

Answer #3    Answered By: Gregg Wilkinson     Answered On: Jun 11

I tried this post before, but unfortunately did nog receive any answers. Perhaps someone out there tried the same thing???,

We have a document management system build on SQL Server 2000 with a FTS catalog. We also are looking into deploying Sharepoint. Sharepoint is missing a real archive function. Not all documents should stay there for ever. I believe MS is telling us to use Meridio, but we would like to stick to our already up and running DMS. But how should I incorporate this extra FTS catalog in SPS. I believe there is no protocol handler for SQL (I do not really want that, cause this DB is about 300 GB and so indexing this one again would be to much). Best option could be if I could fake this catalog as being a wss catalog (I am not sure if the crawler uses the fts catalog to update its own index, or if it is indexing from scratch…) and therefore extend the SPS index with my archive index. Any help/advice much appreciated!

Answer #4    Answered By: Darrel Sexton     Answered On: Jun 11

The list that has the "all items" view that I wish to change  was a
custom list imported from a spreadsheet. The list is in the news area.
I already tried to change the allitems.aspx file under \60
\TEMPLATE\1033\SPSNEWS\LISTS\CUSTLIST (because I assume that an
imported spreadsheet is a custom list), but any change I am making,
even something as simple as giving a table a border to see if I'm in
the right file, is not reflected. I can't find the magic file, I
guess.

Answer #5    Answered By: Tory Sellers     Answered On: Jun 11

I believe your list lives in the content database. The CUSTLIST folder
is for the Custom List available on the Create screen for new lists.

I think you will have to use FrontPage to modify your imported list.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on allitems.aspx Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: