Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Alerts not working for ADAMusers

Asked By: Emanuel    Date: Jul 07    Category: MOSS    Views: 902

I am having problems with alerts for FBA users (adam users provisioned through ECTS). I have an extended MOSS2007 application which uses dual authentication, AD for internal users and ADAM for external clients. Alerts work fine for AD users. For external users, they only get the initial notification that an alert was created, and no other emails after that. If an AD user and an ADAM user subscribe for alerts on a document (or a library, or a list), only the AD user receives the email. (the 2 users have the same level of rights, the alerts were set for the internal user on the internal url, for the external user on the external url, to avoid authentication issues). Here are the troubleshooting I steps went thru:
-If i create an SPD workflow to email the owner of a file when the item gets changed, then the adam user receives the email when his items are modified. So other emails are sent out to the adam users , only the alerts dont work.
-I checked with the Exchange admin, there are no emails waiting in the queue and he also verified that the IP of the moss server has been added to Allowed Relays .
-In the database i can see the alerts in immedsubscriptions and schedsubscriptions.
-the Status of the Timer job for Immediate Alerts is always successful.
-the stsadm getproperty returns the right values
-the ECTS configuration webpart has the correct smtp setting, same as the outgoing email settings in central admin.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jamila Guthrie     Answered On: Jul 07

This solved my problem: http://patrickfeltz.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!41A4F8DC87858F8F!197.entry

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Alerts not working for ADAMusers Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: