Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Adding Users

Asked By: J    Date: Feb 21    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 902

Is there a way to add users to a site through an interface similar to adding a user to a group? Having to know the username of the individual that I or the site owner wants to add is very difficult, it would be much easier if there was a browsing interface similar to the GAL in Exchange/Active Directory. All the information is there, why can’t I access it? We have the capability to search the GAL in OWA, why not Sharepoint? Or does it exist and I am just missing it somewhere?

Share: 

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ashley Robbins     Answered On: Feb 21

Good point. It will definitely be very useful. Especially when all the information  is there. In areas you can do this. But in sites you cannot( at least that's what I know too)

Answer #2    Answered By: Kelly Fowler     Answered On: Feb 21

Adding users  IS do-able from an AD user  pick list--- IF YOU HAVE Windows 2003 Office Tools on the client PC-- specifically Outlook2003.

Answer #3    Answered By: Fabian Gross     Answered On: Feb 21

Great news. Do you have a document or reference for this? Does the PC have to be sitting in the forest or domain that hosts the sharepoint?

Answer #4    Answered By: Drew Armstrong     Answered On: Feb 21

One more question about this…and I think I know the answer….

What if you are on a Macintosh? Will Office 2004 allow that?

Answer #5    Answered By: Marshall Castro     Answered On: Feb 21

I have 2 (client) PC's--
ONE -- Office 2000 Products and OS is XP
TWO-- Office 2003 Products and OS is XP.

Both in same domain.

TWO can do all the neat SP2003 features , with ONE you can still get there-- but with a lot more 'clicks'!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Adding Users Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: