Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Adding google map

Asked By: Reed    Date: Feb 26    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1602

I have a client requirement to connect google map to SharePoint list.
Basically the SharePoint List have a column which contains US State name.
Client wants if he hovers mouse on a particular state it should fetch all records from the list.

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Teresa Simpson     Answered On: Feb 26

can u pls explain in detail.u want to display all list  ittems as pop up menu for hover event?

Answer #2    Answered By: Robby Barr     Answered On: Feb 26

I don't know about the google  map connections but in case if live earth intrests you then checkout this sharepoint  team blog:

Also checkout codeplex for Google maps web part:

Answer #3    Answered By: Patrick Davis     Answered On: Feb 26

Yes I want to display the titles from the list  depending on the states.
For eg if Virginia is a state  and user keeps his mouse  on Virginia he should be able to see all the list items having state as Virginia.

Answer #4    Answered By: Alexander Rocha     Answered On: Feb 26

Since you want input to come from your map  and not from the list  which is what most of the codeplex components do, I would suggest a even simpler solution
Just create a user control with a US maps with states, and on hover of any state  you can capture the event and filter yout list.

I think the 2010 visual studio has some better map controls, you can use those as well.

Answer #5    Answered By: Maggie Benson     Answered On: Feb 26

I have done the exact functionality for pfizer client.

u can do that with the custom xslt rendering approach in a custom web part means we have to replicate the content editor web part so as to render the google  api based map  control.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Adding google map Or get search suggestion and latest updates.