Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Accessing SSRS Reports using Report Viewer Webpart in Sharepoint

Asked By: Deborah    Date: Oct 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2481

I have install the application to integrate SSRS and Sharepoin... I have developed a Custom Report, deployed into sharepoint (data connection library and report library)...

everything work fine from inside the network...

I have internet faced the Web application (not extended, but just add a new entry in aam and port forwarded the firewall)...

Everything works fine from outside... the isse that I have is with the report: from internet insted of render, I got the following error:

Unable to connect to the remote server
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:88

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Makayla Lewis     Answered On: Oct 02

I believe if you want to access the report  from two different zones, you would need to extend the web application  to the secondary zone in central admin. You'll need all your DNS info etc. Also, be sure that the report server is connecting using NTLM and that all your SPN information is set up correctly. I think that may solve your issue of access for internal users from the server standpoint.

The main thing is that you likely have two DNS entries for the two zones, then you will need two SPNs (one for each DNS) unless you are on a single server installation.

On the client side, you may need users to check the Tools->Internet Options->Security settings. Under Custom Level->Miscellaneous, there is a setting for allowing access to data  sources cross domain. That will need to be set if you have users from other domains trying to use the reports.

Answer #2    Answered By: Miranda Scott     Answered On: Oct 02

Report Server Only Supports SharePoint Default Zone
In the Alternate Access Mappings section of the Operations tab in the SharePoint Central Administration Web site, configure the URL you are using for accessing  Reporting Services items to be in the Default zone.