Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Access a network drive from SharePoint

Asked By: Eliseo    Date: Jun 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 5007

My network admin created a shared drive on our network. Is there a way to view and manage that network drive from within SharePoint via a Document Library?

Share: 

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Clara Heath     Answered On: Jun 16

Off the top of my head, no I don't think there is anyway to do it with the out of the box interface - you can manage  a SharePoint library  through windows explorer but not a network  drive through SharePoint's interface. I think that if you want to manage the documents through SharePoint then you'll have to upload them all to a document  library. Or you could look into the products mentioned on this blog post:
www.greghughes.net/.../...ePointSiteOrLibrary.aspx

You CAN index and search a networked drive  on SharePoint. Just create a new content source in the search settings on your shared  services provider.

Answer #2    Answered By: Clara Heath     Answered On: Jun 16

Although totally unsupported of course, you could try this method: Little tool to extract all files out of SharePoint.

Or this one:Recover Documents from MOSS 2007 Database :-> blogs.msdn.com/.../...from-moss-2007-database.aspx

Answer #3    Answered By: Yvette Lyons     Answered On: Jun 16

Answer #4    Answered By: Yvette Lyons     Answered On: Jun 16

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Access a network drive from SharePoint Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: