Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How to access to a big amount of data?

Asked By: David    Date: Nov 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1116

I am solving problem now. I have big amount of data (around 10000 rows) at SQLserver. I wanna find the best way how I could get those data, use and store them because after that I won't work with all of them. I will make query which retrieve only few rows which I will display at WebPart and those rows can be stored somewhere (cash) because data is changed only once per day.

I am using SharePoint server 2007 and Visual Studio 2008 SP1.

I am really wondering which classes and functions I shoud use for it.

Thanks a lot!

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Sirisha Reddimasi     Answered On: Mar 02

I am not very clear on your requirement. But if you want to use the data fetched from SQL only to filter content and display in web part then one way is you can use that filter condition in SQL Query itself and get the filtered data and store it in an list and display in web part. Once you get new data on next day then clear the list by writing an custom exe in Visual Studio.

If not 2nd way is get all the SQL data in to an list by creating a custom exe in Visual Studio and then filter it use it and next day run an custom exe to clear the list and then get data.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on How to access to a big amount of data? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.