Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

2003: site templates at portal level

Asked By: Reginald    Date: Oct 20    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 7201

In SPS 2003 I can go to a section in the admin section where I can add site templates (Site Settings -> Manage security and additional settings -> Manage site template gallery). The section says "Make a template available for use in Web site creation by adding it to this gallery. The templates in this gallery are available to this site and all sites under it. Default site templates are not shown." So I thought *maybe* I can upload my .STP file to this gallery and have it available for site creation rather than what I've been doing which is to log onto the server and use STSADM.EXE to add the template from the command line.

Problem is I can't see where these templates show up? They don't show up in the list of templates when you create a site through the site directory. From the server using STSADM with the enumtemplates option, you can't see the template. I've done an IISRESET on the server still can't see it. Even tried to create a site under one I created at the portal level and still the template isn't there.

So where exactly does this "site template" show up?

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on 2003: site templates at portal level Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: